- This event has passed.
VO Workshop: Is Social Enterprise your Solution? A Board Orientation
April 5 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
With mounting pressure to do more with less, nonprofit leaders are increasingly being challenged to diversify their revenue streams through the creation of social enterprise ventures. Earned-income opportunities have the potential to support complex social, economic and environmental objectives while also generating profit to support operational sustainability. Are you an Executive Director or part of a Board of Directors who is considering what it would take to develop and/or operate a social enterprise for your nonprofit or charitable organization? If yes, then this workshop is suited for you.
The content of this workshop is designed to evolve from an basic level of organizational readiness. In other words, we assume that your nonprofit has already developed its capacity to effectively deliver your existing programs and services. The ultimate goal is to build a bespoke toolkit to support your Board as you try and navigate the idea of social enterprise. You can expect to take away a workbook compiled with various resources as well as the following learning outcomes:
- Gained perspective regarding your own organization’s readiness for social enterprise,
- Regard for the importance of setting a comprehensive engagement statement for social enterprise,
- An enhanced understanding to the role of Board leadership and structure for social enterprise success,
- An ability to identify and value the 7 models of social entrepreneurship in relation to your organization,
- New information about services and resources available to support social enterprise development.
Who Should Attend
Participating organizations are required to send at least two people to this session, comprised of one senior staff person and one board member. Additional participants from the same organization are welcomed.