We are thrilled to announce CSED is now serving as the Ottawa regional certifier for Buy Social Canada Certification. Buy Social Canada certifies social enterprise suppliers and social purchasers. As a regional partner, CSED will help facilitate purchaser and supplier relationships and create learning opportunities to increase social enterprise business opportunities and grow their social impact.
WHAT IS SOCIAL ENTERPRISE CERTIFICATION?
This third-party certification program recognizes your organization as a verified social enterprise and enhances your marketing potential as a business that actively prioritizes community benefits and social impact over private profit and shareholder returns.
WHO CAN BE A CERTIFIED SOCIAL ENTERPRISE?
Not-for-profits (with or without charitable status), Co-ops, Hybrids (i.e. CCCs or CICs) and For-Profits owned by Non-Profits are eligible.
GUIDELINES FOR CERTIFICATION
- Your organization has an embedded social, environmental or cultural mission.
- Your business sells goods and/or services in the marketplace.
- At least 50% of your business’ profits go back into your mission.
- Your business operates with transparency and responsibility.
- Your business has appropriate documentation to demonstrate your social enterprise activity and impact.
BENEFITS OF BUY SOCIAL CERTIFICATION
- Lead the social procurement movement
- Differentiate from pretenders
- Expand business potential
- Join a growing social impact network
- Increase marketing opportunities
- Save money and access tools and resources
Stand out from your competitors with the Buy Social Canada Supplier Certification - demonstrating your commitment to social and sustainable business.
CSED will follow-up with you once you have filled out the online application.